Sarah Stehli Howell
AIA, NCARB, LEED AP
The focus of Sarah’s practice is sustainable and socially conscious design. Since leaving New England at 21, she has worked on projects in several cities, including in San Diego, New York, Dallas, New Orleans, Durham, and Asheville. After Hurricane Katrina devastated New Orleans in 2007, Sarah had the opportunity to serve as Project Architect for Brad Pitt’s Make It Right foundation, a LEED Platinum affordable housing project, which catapulted her into the center of a national discussion on sustainable, affordable housing. She has since become increasingly passionate about “Green Building” and lectured extensively on the topic. Sarah is also a mother of three awesome boys who have helped her understand the importance of listening, gratitude and imagination.
- Yale University – Bachelor of Arts, 2001
- Adjunct Lecturer for Tulane School of Architecture – Design 2100: Second Year Design Studio
- New York Board of Architecture
- American Institute of Architects
- U.S. Green Building Council LEED Accredited Professional